fledge capable of flying, from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge; akin to Old High German flucki capable of flying,
Old English flEogan to fly -- more at FLY
intransitive verb, of a young bird : to acquire the feathers necessary for flight or independent activity

Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World (as I know it)

End of the World by The Living End on Grooveshark

So, how are you holding up? Has the end of the world come your way yet? Vampires? Valcanoes? Fiscal Cliff? What are your apocalyptic plans? I'm depending on my son to figure out what to do, all that video game training should come to good use.

 Well, whether the Mayans were spot on or not, I do want to end the world as I know it. So I will. Just like that. Actually, it will likely take more than just that. I have been a bit disengaged. I've visited a web site on depression and I could pretty much tick off most of the boxes on the chronic mild scale. So, I am chronically mildly depressed for some time now and I am not happy about it (hee hee, that's depression humor...). I don't like being 45. I think 30 was much better. 25 was pretty good. 45? Yech. Chances missed, opportunities neglected, sins of omission, no turning back. I bicker. I nag. I scoff.

And I would also like to point out that there is a lot in this world I would like to see ended: Violence of all kinds toward children, whether in Connecticut or Houla. The miasma of divisiveness that is current American politics. The Pacific Gyre Garbage Patch. The Mississippi Dead Zone. I have a feeling that all of these things are part of a collective human-wide mild chronic depression. Otherwise, we wouldn't just let these things happen, right? Right? These things and other things can stop. Right?

And those Kardashians. They need to be gone by now, too.

All kinds of Christmas cheer here, eh?

Well, I'm going to end that world today. Right now. I'm going to go for more walks. I'm going to stay away from hulu. Make stuff. Make friends. Connect. Laugh. Volunteer. Comb my hair. Risk being open. Pray. Write. Hug. Try. Atone. Forgive. Love.

And this is also a Public Service Announcement. The adventures of Hansel and Gretel is not a fairy tale! As I have discovered today, gingerbread houses do exist! And seemingly kindly old witches do live inside! As evidenced here...


  DSC06589_bc

Okay, okay, okay: NOT a witch. This lady is quite, quite lovely, in fact. And I do very much appreciate all her yard decorations and I want to share them with you.

DSC06590_bc

And this from Jimmy Eats World, because I need it. So there.

The Middle by Jimmy Eat World on Grooveshark

If this is the end of the world, just know that I love and appreciate you. Even if it is not, I still love and appreciate you.

2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

Merry Christmas Nanc :)

I've nominated you for a couple of awards on my blog!

Miss K.P.-Ness said...

So when do we walk?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails